Tennessee Warbler - Tall Timbers, Leon County

  • reptiluvr
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      Yesterday John Erickson and I went out to Tall Timbers Research Station to do a little birding. We found the Lincoln's Sparrow that has been there, which we were happy to find. We also saw a Tennessee Warbler on the north side of Gannet Pond. It was fluttering about in the grass and lower branches of some shorter oak trees. We had 2-3 minutes of clear views and even checked our ID with an iPhone app.
      If you decide to go to Tall Timbers, make sure to check in with someone before you wander about. We were asked several times "May I help you?" while we were out there, including the moment we parked.