RE: [nflbirds] Indigo bunting

  • Candy and Michael Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
      Went to St. George Island with Eddie White yesterday in hopes of a fallout.
      Too strong south winds kept birds moving (sailing overhead) I suppose. Best
      bird was a Rose breasted Grosbeak, male at the youth camp. A few catbirds
      and butterbutts. Like Jim, we had three indigo buntings right in the yard
      the next day (25th). All males, in various molt. Michael Hill, Tallahassee

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
        I had an Eastern Kingbird foraging at Phipps Park and an Indigo Bunting in Edinburg Estates. Some of the Woodstork, Anhinga, Red-bellied and Red-headed Woodpeckers are already paired off and hanging around rookeries or cavity nests. Spring is here, the brightly colored migrants can't be too far behind?

        Rodney Cassidy
        Tallahassee, Florida