Indigo bunting

  • Cavanagh, Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
      A male Indigo Bunting spent the afternoon visiting my feeder. It was mostly
      blue but had a tawny nape, whitish
      collar and a black chin all of which sent me to the books. Nevertheless , it
      was an Indigo Bunting.

      Jim Cavanagh

    • Candy and Michael Hill
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
        Went to St. George Island with Eddie White yesterday in hopes of a fallout.
        Too strong south winds kept birds moving (sailing overhead) I suppose. Best
        bird was a Rose breasted Grosbeak, male at the youth camp. A few catbirds
        and butterbutts. Like Jim, we had three indigo buntings right in the yard
        the next day (25th). All males, in various molt. Michael Hill, Tallahassee

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
          I had an Eastern Kingbird foraging at Phipps Park and an Indigo Bunting in Edinburg Estates. Some of the Woodstork, Anhinga, Red-bellied and Red-headed Woodpeckers are already paired off and hanging around rookeries or cavity nests. Spring is here, the brightly colored migrants can't be too far behind?

          Rodney Cassidy
          Tallahassee, Florida