Broad-billed Hummingbird

  • Cavanagh, Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013
      This noon (12:15-12:45) I sat in one of the chairs graceously provided by Jim
      and Julie Zimmerman on the deck facing the nearby hanging feeder behind which
      is the yellow jasmin vine. The Broad-billed came to the feeder 3 times and
      spent much time feeding on the yellow flowers. It only tangled with the
      female Ruby-throated once.
      There is a small parking area just uphill from the garage area. Jim greated
      me when I arrived and directed me to the chairs and I gratefully thanked him
      when I left.

      Jim Cavanagh