Costa's Hummingbird - 29Dec2012 - PHOTOS - Tallahassee, FL

  • Roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      Melissa, Frances and I observed the Costa's Hummingbird today (29 Dec) at least 5 different times (10:30, 10:53, 11:34, noon, and 12:30).

      It first appeared today in the pyrocantha by the gate at the front of the back yard. The remaining times it was at the back of the yard near or on the back feeder. The last two times it took some long drinks at that back feeder. It also appeared very relaxed during these last two visits. Here are some links to photos from today:

      http://flic.kr/p/dFtptx
      http://flic.kr/p/dFyQhC
      http://flic.kr/p/dFtpMa
      http://flic.kr/p/dFtpkx

      We also got some nice close looks at several of the Rufous Hummingbirds in the yard. I will post a few of those pics tomorrow.

      Roy Brown (Albany, GA)