COSTA'S HUMMINGBIRD - Tallahassee - 13Dec2012

  • Elliot Schunke
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      Hi All,

      I recieved a tip that Fred Dietrich had just banded a Costa's Hummingbird in Tallahassse so I gave him a call to see what was up and met up with him. The bird finally re-appeared at the feeder where he first captured it! It is a sub-adult male.

      Fred asked me to pass along this info: The homeowners are giving birders permission to come and view the bird. The feeders are in the backyard which can be entered through the gate to the left side of the house. The bird visits the feeder nearest the inside of the gate, though there are three other feeders and a good deal of flowers inside the backyard, too. The homeowners are Tom and Carol Yarborough and they live at 6730 Walden Circle. They ask that you do NOT come either on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning but any other time is fine by them.

      Here is one of my photos, Fred has much better in-hand shots.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/25783399@N08/8270899010/

      Thanks,
      Elliot Schunke