What thrushes are these?

  • pmct32308
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2002
      Went birding at the Miccosukee Greenway this morning from 9:15 to
      11:00 and saw the following:

      4 thrushes but not well enough to make a certain identification. I
      took the path to the east as I left the parking lot and walked with
      Micc. Rd. to my right. The birds were in the near edge of the first
      large clearing. The were fluttering and flying in the low branches of
      the oaks above the large shrubs. The breasts looked most like the 1st
      year Veery shown is Sibley, but the back looked more like the 1st
      year Swainson's pictured there. The tail was not rusty (it appeared
      slightly darker that the back) and I saw no obvious eye-ring. If
      anyone finds them and can make an identification, I would be
      interested in knowing for sure what they are.

      Cardinals
      Hooded warbler (female)
      Carolina wrens
      Blue jays