Fwd: Drama on Calhoun Street

  • Beth W. Grant
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2012
      From a local friend (Thomasville). Any comments/explanations? Beth

      As I was coming home shortly before five this afternoon, I saw a hawk
      on the side of the street defending his kill from two marauding crows.
      I was so intrigued that I turned around, pulled up and parked to see
      what would happen next. The hawk evaded the crows and went into an
      empty lot where two Blue jays proceeded to repeatedly dive bomb him.
      He sat on his kill but finally the jays prevailed and he left. I
      thought I had seen a tail on the victim and got out of the car to be
      sure. Indeed, it was a dead rat. The jays must have had a nearby
      nest.

      Tomorrow, I will check to see if the rat carcass is gone. That really
      could mean nothing as something other than the hawk could get it
      tonight.

      Linda