Re: [nflbirds] red-headed woodpecker

  • Jim Stevenson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2012
      Paul,

      RHWOs are declining seriously and are what we call “parkland” birds (open areas with scattered, mature trees).

      I would suggest a walk down Stevenson Trail at Tall Timbers Research Station, north of Tallahassee. You’ll get RH, Pine Warblers, BH Nuthatchers and lots more piney woods birds.

      Good birding,

      Jim

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2012
        There are a number of them that hang out by FAMU.  I have been there four years...and so have they!  Gorgeous birds!

        Pamela K Kaiser and the Tallahassee Flock (Hektor, Toby, Sonny {RIP My Sweet Baby Boy!} and Rainbow Peep)

        Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we'll soon be in trouble.
        Roger Tory Peterson