St George yesterday

  • Pam Flynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2012
      Thanks to John for the nudge to drive out to St George yesterday. Tracee S
      and I made the trip and were well rewarded!
      Didn't have quite the variety of warblers as John but it was still very
      good.
      We spent most of the time in the youth camp and you know it's a good day
      when you have more than one 'trash bird of the day'.
      It was a thrush day for sure..Swainson's, wood, hermit thrush and veery
      everywhere. Hooded warblers practically at our feet. Watched tohees
      teaching their babies to dig.
      2 gray kingbirds greeted us as we drove in to park. The ruby throats were
      all over the coral bean behind the bathrooms.
      We drove through the regular campground too. The thrushes were all very
      active in there too. Several Northern Waterthrush gave us great looks.
      Indigo buntings and summer tanagers all over the place. Leaving the island,
      right at the bridge, a imm. common loon was very close for good looks too.