Re: [nflbirds] Migrants in Tallahassee

  • Glenda Simmons
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2012
      Well, I have plenty of Red-winged Blackbirds!  Anybody want them?? lol  I'm  keeping my feeders stocked, and the black birds fat and happy, in hopes there will be a nibble left, if any "Good" birds pass through.  I have been seeing, daily, at the back of my property 30- to over 150 Cedar Waxwings, and will not complain about having Baltimore Orioles in my yard all winter, with numbers over ten, at times.

      The nesting season is in full production with Red-bellied woodpeckers constantly feeding young in the snag next to my driveway, unfortunately, with a starling pair, as neighbors. Already fledged ten bluebirds, with two females, currently incubating clutches of five and SIX, currently ten chickadee nestlings in two boxes, the wrens just fledged their second brood, and will not attempt to find and count mockingbird and cardinal nests.

      Please share your buntings!

      Glenda Simmons
      Eastside Tallahassee