FOY warblers and others - Leon and Wakulla Counties

  • Elliot Schunke
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2012
      Hi all,
      I had a few first of year birds today. First, a male Hooded Warbler seems to have returned to territory in Indianhead Acres. Bird was singing incessantly in the woods east of the 2nd manhole N of Chocksacka on the creek-side trail. St. Mark's Lighthouse Unit had a singing Prothonotary Warbler at the bridge just south of the visitor's center as well as a couple Chimney Swifts near the lighthouse. At Leon Sinks, there was a soaring Broad-winged Hawk calling. They put me at 203 for the state this year.
      Elliot Schunke - Tallahassee