Ovenbird in yard

  • Bill Phelan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15 1:24 PM
      I had my FOS ovenbird walking under the window overlooking the little pond near house.

      I usually see one in winter, one in spring or fall.

      Not sure which one this is--winter or spring.

      Bill Phelan

    • Jim Stevenson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15 1:33 PM
        Bill et al,

        It is very unlikely that this Ovenbird is a spring arrival. They winter in small numbers all over the Deep South, with many other typical neotrops.

        Great bird, though!

        Jim in Galveston