Springhill Sewage Treatment Plant (08/18)

  • Jack Skalicky
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2002
      This morning at the sewage treatment plant:

      Pectoral Sandpiper ~100
      Semi-palmated Sandpiper ~20
      Least Sandpiper ~150
      Solitary Sandpiper 2
      Spotted Sandpiper 3

      Greater Yellowlegs ~15
      Lesser Yellowlegs ~40
      Long-billed Dowitcher 1
      Killdeer ~40
      Semi-palmated Plover 2
      Ruddy Turnstone 2

      Shoveler 1
      Blue-winged Teal 8

      Black Tern 1
      Caspian Tern 1
    • Swamphen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2002

        While photographing an abandoned building at the CR-271 railroad crossing in
        Sneads (Jackson County), I heard a few very familiar "potato chip!" calls
        from the pines behind me. I never saw anything, but I'm pretty sure I heard
        a Goldfinch or two back in there. Any precedents?

        Good birding to all, and to all a good bird...
        -S.P.McCool
        Crawfordville, Wakulla County, Florida

        ---