Broken egg mystery

  • Paige Graves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2012
      Yesterday I noticed a small broken egg on the roof of my car. It was apparently dropped from above and, of course, broke and splattered. There are a few nests scattered in the tree above my car and it has been very windy the last few days. But I'm wondering...humm...isn't it too early/cold for birds to be nesting? I also wondered if maybe a squirrel or crow dropped it there.

      So my main question is...are birds already nesting in or near St. Johns County? Near St. Augustine? This morning I saw/heard a wren being loud and checking out a birdhouse so maybe they are.

      Thanks,
      paige