Some Ruby Throated Hummingbirds choosing to stay along the gulf in N.C.

  • Candy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2012
      This article was written by Don Hendershot The Naturalist Corner About how some ruby throated hummingbirds are choosing to stay along the water in North Carolina in the winter. This could eventually change many bird migratory patterns if warmer winters continue. I mean why head south if things are good where you are at. I now live in Franklin North Carolina. I miss our migratory birds we would see down in Florida. But I have a young Eastern Screech Owl perching in my huge oak every night and I have already ordered a Looker Screech Owl house to put up. As the little screech owls will be looking for mates by February or March. Not even sure if they nest up here in the summer.

      Candy Pfau
      Franklin, North Carolina 28734

      http://thenaturalistscorner.com/?p=717