Juvenile Golden Eagle - St. Marks

  • Jeff O'Connell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hi All,

      Just a quick note to say I found a juvenile Golden Eagle at St. Marks
      yesterday afternoon. I found the bird along a section of trail traversing
      the pine woods north of stony bayou II. I had been standing still for a
      minute or so, listening to the smaller birds around, when it flew from a
      tree nearby. Luckily it circled around above me a few times before taking
      off, so I was able to grab my camera out of my bag and get a few pictures.
      I have no idea if this is the same bird reported in November, but I imagine
      it is likely.

      Pictures here:
      https://picasaweb.google.com/109551271363164672410/FastTimesAtStMarksNWR

      Jeff O'Connell