Cinnamon Teal - YES; Vermilion Flycatcher - NO; St. Marks NWR, Sunday

  • Roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2011
      Greetings:

      Intrepid Albany, GA birder Melissa Martin and I visited St. Marks NWR on Sunday, 18 December.

      The unmistakable male Cinnamon Teal was fairly easily located as previously described. This handsome fellow was in the southeast corner of Stony Bayou II in the company of BW Teal.

      We looked hard for the Vermillion Flycatcher in all the places (and more) as previously described on this list. She was not located.

      For those interested, we also located and photographed a male Sympetrum corruptum - Variegated Meadowhawk, somewhat east of this species usual range, though they are known to wander: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbinv/6539856907/in/photostream

      Best,
      Roy (Profile: http://www.flickr.com/people/rbinv/ )