Phalaropes, et al at St Marks NWR

  • wmjphelan@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2011
      Beaytiful day for birding today at St Marks.

      Highlights:

      2 Wilson's phalaropes at Picnic Pond, along with 4 hooded mergansers (my FOS)

      2 White rump sandpipers at Lighthouse P ond (my FOS), o ne with damaged wing.  And several Marbled Godwits.

      3  secon d year eagles, 2 adults, soaring over stoney bayou

      1 Wilson's snipe at East River pond

      Water at HQ Pond (first time in months, it seems) with green winged and blue winged teal.

      Bill Phelan, Tallahassee