Summer Tanager - Tallahassee, Fl

  • raybieber@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      This is the 3rd year, beginning with a juvenile male, that Summer Tanagers have visited my yard. In the past 2 years, two Tanagers, a male and female, have wintered over. It may be the excellent meal worms that I feed daily. I am happy to see them again and will keep everyone posted if they remain throughout the winter. I heard them first, moving toward my backyard and then saw both the male and female. Strangely, I thought....'ah, winter in Florida'.