birds

  • Alice Smith
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 29, 2011
      My FOS EPhoebe arrived today. It's impossible to tell ones that return from year to year, but he went right to the tree limb above the mealworm tray. He was a few days early, but the worms came the day before. Also a FOS Prairie Warbler. Still NParulas.
      Alice
      McApin
      Suwannee County

    • swamphen@heirborn.net
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2011
        Had our first-of-fall Palm Warblers and Grey Catbirds today at the ol'
        home place.

        -Sean P. McCool
        Wakulla County, Florida, USA
      • Alice Smith
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 31, 2011
          My first Chippie showed up last Thursday; I had two today, but they are pretty shy right now.
          Alice
          McAlpin, Suwannee

        • alicesmith759
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 12 5:19 PM
            Birds are coming for drinks and baths. I have NParulas, Titmice, Cardinals, Jays and Crows. A female Redstart, male Summer Tanager, YTWarbler, B&WWarblers. The RSHawk took his bath this evening. I wish all the birds taking advantage of the water would eat some of the oak worms. No one touches them.
            Alice
            McAlpin
            Suwannee County

          • alicesmith759
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013
              Very hot and dry so the bird baths are busy. Cardinals, titmice, NParulas, MDoves, RBWoodpeckers, lots of Crows, CWrens, Jays and I saw my first EPhoebee yesterday.
              Alice
              McAlpin
              Suwannee County
            • alicesmith759
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 13, 2013
                Th cooler mornings are nice for walking. This morning a few BGGnatcatchers joined the Cardinals, Titmice, Towhees and CWrens I usually see. Just now a female Summer Tanager and a male BGrosbeak took advantage of the bird baths along with Cardinals, CWrensm Jays, Titmice and CGDoves.
              • alicesmith759
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 23, 2014
                  We had a nice male Summer Tanager and a female American Redstart near Old Town in Dixie County this evening.