Tallahassee Black-bellied Whistling Ducks

  • Gary Griffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      The 8 birds are still in the pond on Rhoden Cove Road just west of Meridian
      Rd as of yesterday (Sunday) PM. Attached is a photo taken by Diane Kessler
      who resides in the adjacent subdivision.

      Gary Griffin

      Tallahassee

      "... let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us."

      Hebrews 12:1

    • ROC
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011
        I had a Black-bellied Whistling Duck in my yard this morning. There are several "lakes"/swamps/ponds nearby including Lake Jackson, Canopy Oaks "pond", and the Fred George Basin sink swamp etc., that was my first BBWD on the areas listed or Edinburg. My warbler sightings have become very slightly "less rare" for Leon County this week but heat and bugs are still a sure bet. One newly fledged Brown Thrasher in the yard this weekend, my densely vegetated yard is good for something.

        Rodney Cassidy
        Tallahassee, Florida