Bird ID

  • Alice Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2011
      I had a bird at the bird bath yesterday morning and it looked like a Northern
      Waterthrush;  have I'm just not sure if it should be here now. The Carolina
      Wrens have settled in the raccoon planter; a squirrel was on the deck to check
      out the plants and a wren came out of the planter and chased him like a little
      brown fury.  I hope it doesn't get too wet.
      Alice
      McAlpin

    • Fran Rutkovsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
        Forgot to comment on this posting about a possible Northern Waterthrush at Alice's birdbath.
        I've had Louisiana Waterthrush at the birdbath and in the ravine several times in past years in
        June, so I'd think that's more likely.

        --------
        Fran Rutkovsky
        Tallahassee, FL