Swallow Tail Kites return the next day

  • Arthur Henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2011
      Today 6/20/2011 I witnessed the return of the Swallow Tail Kite but he/she brought 4 friends. So for 1/2 hour I watched in wonder the 5 kites catching the winds and soaring in circles over my house. They were very high as I needed Binoculars to watch them. I would say they were over 5000 feet above the ground. This was the high light of the day as I also observed 2 Downy Woodpeckers which I don't see to often around my house. I will also keep looking each day at this time to see if the Kite pattern returns.

      Art Henderson
      Middleburg, Fl.