Black Phoebe at SGI?

  • wmjphelan@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      Jack Lehman (sp.?), an experienced  birder from Ontario who had just come from Ft Pickens and who has birded in  Texas, Arizona, etc in the past, saw and heard a Black P hoebe at the Group Camp, near the "Residents Only" sign, this AM about 11.

      I went back there at 1 PM, looked all around and played a recording, and did not see it or hear it.

      I see in Sibley's that this bird does NOT tend to migrate eastward from its Southwest home (Calif, AZ, NM, West Texas ).

      Has anyone seen Black Phoebes in FL before?

      Bill Phelan