FOS Baltimore Orioles

  • glendajoyce6009
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010
      I had two immature Baltimore orioles foraging in my Abelia shrub in my back yard, this evening. At first a bright flash of yellow caught my eye, and I thought it was a Yellow Warbler. I then saw it from a side view and saw the wing bars. Then I saw there were two! Grabbed my camera and got a couple of pictures. They are not as good as the Prairie Warbler, as they were taken through my kitchen window, but was very happy to get a picture for documentation of date. I don't get too many Orioles in my yard. This was certainly the earliest. No complaints! :)Has anyone else seen them in their yards?

      I'm still seeing red X in place of thumbnails, which I cannot figure out why. But perhaps you can still see the pictures. Or you can see them in my picasa link.

      http://picasaweb.google.com/glendajoyce6009/FOSImmatureBaltimoreOrioles20100831?authkey=Gv1sRgCMqS4M_PobSV-gE#

      Glenda Simmons
      Eastside Tallahassee
    • Fran Rutkovsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
        Glenda,

        Did you consider that these may be two immature male/female Orchard Orioles rather
        than Baltimores? Orchards nest around here. The female/imm. males are greener
        than their Baltimore cousins. Just a thought.

        --------
        Fran Rutkovsky
        Tallahassee, FL
        franrutkovsky@...