Kinglets

  • Carol Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2010
      Isn't it early for Kinglets? I've had one flitting around my holly and singing his little heart out the past two days.

      Carol Miller
      Monticello

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Jim Stevenson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2010
        Carol,

        It is URGENT that you somehow document this unbelievably early record for kinglet (of either species)! They are seldom seen before the last week of September, and this would be absolutely the bizarrest of records.

        PLEEEEEEEASE get a film or snapshot of it! I can promise you that the record will never be accepted without documentation, which is in NO WAY questioning your skills. They wouldn't David Sibley's record of a kinglet at the beginning of August here without "evidence", nor should they.

        It was very astute of you to recognize that this was very early. Now I urge you in the strongest possible language to "finish the job" and get the documentation.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2010
          I would be happy to help photo the kinglets with you.

          Take care, Sunny