Increased Numbers at Feeders?

  • judy cooke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2010
      Has anyone noticed an increased number of birds at the feeders in the last couple of days?  I kinda expected there to be more coming during the cold blitz we had, but my numbers have increased dramatically in the last 4-5 days.  I have well over 100 Chipping Sparrow this morning and close to that in Goldfinches.  I have never seen so many goldfinches at one time before!  There are double the number of Mourning Doves, Cowbirds, and Red-Winged Blackbirds.  There are usually only a couple Titmouse and Chickadee and this morning I counted 6 Titmouse.

      There were easily close to 300 birds out there this morning and for the first time in a long time, there are even 2 Painted Buntings.  Anyone else having more visitors?

      Judy-Panacea