limpkin

  • Candy and Michael Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2009
      I spied a limpkin at the Mahan Dr. and I-10 area this morning (Dec. 16) on
      the way to work. It was south of the bridge, in the creek area, next to the
      golf course and the recently burned up restaurant. I presume it was eating
      or looking for the exotic apple snails that are invading our area. This
      site is actually part of Alford Arm/Lake Lafayette and I have seen MANY
      snails in this system particularly next to the Buck Lake Road crossing.
      When I passed by this afternoon, I circled around twice amidst the
      construction and looked closely, but did not see it again. A lone limpkin
      was seen in Piney Z this year and I have seen evidence of limpkins in the
      Esposito's pond next to their Lonblagh road entrance. Perhaps these snails
      are good for something.

      Regards, Michael Hill, Tallahassee