Bully in my yard

  • wschmelzle1
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2009
      Hi everyone,
      I have a problem I hope I can get a answer to..
      I recently acquired a BULLY Mocking Bird.
      HE will not let other birds near any of my feeders. H e chases them away.
      What can be done???

      Wayne
      Lake Killarney (North)
      Tallahassee Fl
    • Candy and Michael Hill
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2009
        Wayne, please bear in mind that this bully is protected and is currently our
        state bird. I suspect he/she will tire of his folly and during times you
        are not looking/ and he is resting, the other birds are feeding fine. You
        might want to place a mirror in your yard to distract it and see what
        happens, next! Good luck, Michael; Tallahassee

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2009
          Wayne,

          Good luck! I have had the same problem.the only thing that sorta worked was
          putting the food that he/she likes in the front yard away from the other
          bird feeders.and then slowly bring the food back when he she goes to the
          other feeder. I also ran out and chased him/her away when I say them in the
          area.

          Carolyn; Tallahassee

        • Carolyn Smith