Vulture

  • White, Eddie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
      Had a turkey vulture fly across the road in front of my vehicle this
      morning (US 27 just north of Lake Jackson) carrying a mouth full of
      Spanish moss. I have seen a lot of different species carrying nesting
      materials, but this is the first vulture.

      Eddie White

      Havana, FL

      Gadsden County

    • Robert Bowman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2009
        This morning at St. Marks Lighthouse Unit, I found:

        Merlin
        Cape May Warbler (3)
        Yellow-Throated Warbler
        Palm Warbler
        Blackpoll Warbler (3)
        American Redstart (1, female)
        Northern Waterthrush (beneath the bridge on Tower Pond Trail)

        One of the Blackpolls and the Yellow-Throated Warbler were near the beginning of Tower Pond Trail.  The other Blackpolls, Cape Mays, Redstart, and Merlin were all in the big oak next to the lighthouse.  Also had a Parula at the two concrete bridges.

        At Tower Pond, there were many Dulin, Semipalmated Plovers, Willets, Dowitchers, Sanderlings, and a few Stilts and Wilson's Plovers.  Also at Tower Pond, I had 15 Least Terns, a few Forster's Terns, and a single Gull-Billed Tern.

        Robert Bowman