Tallahassee Hummers II

  • Fred Dietrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      I forgot to mention that Fred Bassett, along with Doreen Cubie who is working with him to publish a research paper on winter hummingbirds, went to Fran Rutkovsky's home and banded two ruby-throated hummers. I was not there since Pam Flynn and I were showing Scott Weidensaul the birds at St Marks and the manatees at Wakulla Springs. Those of you who attended Scott's talk at TCC were treated to a very special evening with a very special and passionate person.

      Also, while Scott was banding his first buff-bellied hummingbird, I was trying to catch the other hummer in his yard and watched a pair of bluebirds going in and out of the bluebird box that he had just put up. Some people have all the luck. I need to tell him its not that easy.

      Fred Dietrich