siskins

  • John Murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2009
      I've seen small groups of Pine siskins locally throughout the winter, but hadn't had any in my yard. This morning that changed dramatically when I counted 32 at my feeders. Both sexes were well represented, though the majority appeared to be females. They were joined briefly by the Painted bunting which has been around for a week now.

      John Murphy
      Alligator Pt, FL

    • Matt Klostermann
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2011
        I had a group of 8 Pine Siskins on Tall Timbers Research Station property this
        morning, just north of Tallahassee.

        Matt