White pelicans, Apalach

  • Kate Malone
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2002
      Today while birding on the Estuarine boardwalk in Apalachicola I saw a loose
      V of over 100 White pelicans following the river northward.
      Also seen:
      Chimney swifts
      Common yellowthroat
      Swamp sparrow
      Blue-gray gnatcatchers
      Northern parulas
      Great-crested flycatcher
      Clapper rails (heard only)
      Least terns
      Bald eagle

      Magnolia trees about to bloom. Honeysuckle flowering. Irises just about
      finished. Cypress new growth stunning.

      Kate Malone
      Apalachicola, FL
      katebirder@...

      "Like winds and sunsets, wild things were taken for granted until progress
      began to do away with them." Aldo Leopold