Recent yard & ravine activity

  • Fran Rutkovsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2008
      Hi all:

      I've had 4 species of thrushes lately, which is typical for fall.
      Here are highlights of recent
      migrants. Warblers are still absent for the most part. The Western
      Tanager has not been
      seen in several days.

      * indicates first of season

      10/7....**Ruby-crowned kinglet (also seen by Jim Cavanagh, Gail Menk,
      Cliff Leonard)
      ............**Yellow-bellied sapsucker (heard)

      10/8..**Wood thrush---2
      ..............Swainson's thrush

      10/12..**Gray-cheeked thrush (this bird hit the sliding glass door
      today. While it recovered,
      I was able to quietly observe the bird from inside. It flew off after
      about 25 minutes)

      -----

      Fran Rutkovsky
      franrutkovsky@...