St George Island Youth Camp 9/17

  • Cavanagh, Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2008
      I arrived at 8:30 AM today and found a modest fallout connected with a 12+K north wind which lasted till 9:30.
      The birds were concentrated in the elevated hammock between the parking lot and the marsh plus shrubs near the marsh and included:

      Warblers: Yellow 3, Chestnut-sided 3, Blackburnian 2 including a colorful male, Yellow-throated 1, Pine 4,
      Prairie 7, Black and White 3, Redstart 2, Prothonotary 1.

      Red-eyed Vireo 9, Veery 1, Swainson's Thrush 1, Catbird 1, Summer Tanager 1 male, Baltimore Oriole 8 in
      a flock passing through.

      Mosquito contol is done tuesday and friday in the PM. Too bad because there were loads of dragonflies.

      Jim Cavanagh