Tuesday 7/29 at the Springhill Road Sewage Treatment Plant Tallahassee

  • Marvin Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2008
      Gail Menk and I checked out the holding ponds yesterday (Tuesday) morning. Of greatist interest was probably a Black Tern, still in mostly breading plumage, flying over the large easternmost pond. A Short-billed Dowitcher, also in breeding plumage, was hanging round, presumably the same bird that Gail saw last week (Gail said that he heard the call last week). The female lesser scaup seen last week was still with the male that's been around at least all season. Other shorebirds:

      Greater Yellowlegs 3
      Lesser Yellowlegs 4
      Spotted Sandpiper 2
      Semipalmated Sandpiper 1