Springhill Rd. STP Tallahassee - Willet

  • Marvin Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2008
      Gail Menk and I birded the Springhill Road Water Treatment Plant this morning. Of most interest, probably, was a single Willet. Gail said that this is the second record for the plant in July and the third in any month. (The other sighting was in September.) Other than this and the usual plethora of Killdeer, we saw no shorebirds. On June 30, we had a few Lesser Yellowlegs, but none today. No Purple Martins remain today although they were fairly abundant on the 30th. I counted about 20 Little Blue Herons today including 5 in white phase. I guestimated 10+ Chimney Swifts, which some have indicated are less numerous than usual this year.