Mashes Sands

  • Melissa Forehand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
      On Mon had 2 breeding plummage foster's terns and 1 breeding plummage
      common tern.
      marbled godwit
      royal tern
      sandwich tern
      black skimmers
      willet
      marsh wren
      seaside sparrow

      Melissa Forehand
      Tallahassee
    • Joshua Uffman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2008
        Hello north Florida Birders...

        I will soon be taking my annual Florida vacation to Panama City Beach
        (August 2-11). I have always gotten good advice as to my target birds from
        all of you subscribed to this list (and I thank you!). However, with that
        said, I have two species I would really like to see that have always eluded
        me or I "just missed":

        1) Limpkin

        2) Seaside Sparrow

        I know neither is easy, but would greatly appreciate any information as to
        recent sightings/best way to find these birds/etc. Also, I would be very
        interested as to what is the closest location to Panama City that the
        Florida Scrub Jay can be found at?

        Thanks in advance,

        Joshua Uffman

        St. Louis County, MO