piney z

  • Andrew Lantz
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2008
      Gail Menk and I headed to Piney Z today and hiked around the lake. By my count, we saw 31 species. Some of interest are:

      ruby-throated hummingbird
      barred owl (great looks!)
      summer tanager
      purple gallinule (only 2)
      least terns (about 5 on the sandy area set out for them to nest)
      white-eyed vireo
      blue grosbeak
      little blue heron
      green heron

      Cheers,

      -Andy Lantz

    • Andrew Lantz
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2008
        Hey Michael and all,

        You are absolutely correct. Gail had called me later that day to mention his remembrance of the least tern decoys, but alas, I had already posted! Thanks for the correction!

        -Andy Lantz

        Candy and Michael Hill <mchill7@...> wrote: Andy, I think it is great news to hear about the least terns on the platform. However, not to doubt your birding acumen, but there are 5 decoys, (rather lifelike, if I do say so myself) on the platform. Could you be sure that you also saw some live birds, too? Regards, Michael Hill, Tallahassee

        And Platform StewardÂ…