  • Andrew Lantz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      Greetings,

      Mr. Gail Menk and I headed out to the Springhill Road Sewer Treatment Plant as well as the Southeast Farm one this morning. A few interesting finds:

      At Springhill Rd, we encountered over 50 cattle egret. They're back! We also came across a solitary sandpiper, ~4 stilt sandpipers, and a number of migrating E. kingbirds.

      At Southeast Farm, there were 3 redheads still lingering. We also got some good looks at a white-rumped sandpiper. Gail contacted me this afternoon, and said he believed this was an early record for the county. Additional sightings here included blue grosbeak, swallow-tailed kite, and a loggerhead shrike that was feeding on a sparrow or finch that he had impaled on the barb-wire fence!

      Cheers,

      -Andy Lantz