The Male of the Species

  • ShelleyCarpenter
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2008
      Please read this with a sense of humor.
      This happened today.

      Some thing's never change - no matter what the species.

      Today I saw a female cardinal fly into the side of the motor home. She flopped around a couple of times then was totally still.

      I went out to check on her and found her to be laying on her side, breathing but not moving. I decided that the best plan of action was to leave her alone.

      About a minute later - here came a male cardinal. When he landed on the ground, she sat up and he immediately jumped on, and on and on. While she was acting like she had taken a dose of a date rape drug - he was taking advantage - multiple times...

      As she sat in one spot (she was in the shade) for just about an hour, he sat nearby - under the motor home and did not bother her again after the first 4 or 5 times.

      I just thought it was funny that the male of the species, any species, behaves (basically) the same way. :)

      Shelley