Fulvous Whistling-Duck, St. Marks

  • David Houle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      On a walk around Stony Bayou Pool No. 2 at St. Marks Feb. 2 we (Jaye
      and David Houe, Emily DuVal) found a single Fulvous
      Whistling-Duck. It was located in an area of emergent grassy
      vegetation visible from the southern dike just to the east of the
      open water in the southeastern corner of the pool. It was found with
      a flock of around 100 Mallards, plus 15 Black Ducks.

      We also saw the Vermilion Flycatcher along the southern edge of the
      same pool. A Seaside Sparrow feeding with Savannah Sparrows on the
      dike was a bit out of place.

      David Houle 850-645-0388
      Department of Biological Science
      Florida State University