Gold Finches

  • glendajoyce6009
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2007
      Good Evening,

      I saw my first Gold Finch at my platform feeder tray this past Fri.,
      Nov.9, and three this morning. I was delighted to see three Red-
      bellied Woodpeckers at the same time at my suet feeder. My resident
      Bluebird pair are seen bathing and fed mealworms almost daily. I've
      had a few Chipping Sparrows, a pretty male Pine warbler, female Pine
      Warbler, quite a few Yellow-rumped Warblers and unfortunately on my
      first week-end of counting birds for Cornell's Feeder Watch project,
      counted 200 Grackles at one time! I thought I had gone back into the
      past and was in the movie, "The Birds"!! I have not seen the Cooper's
      Hawk around in the past few weeks which is probably a good thing. I'm
      keeping my fingers crossed that the juvenile male Rufous banded in my
      yard this past Dec. will return.

      Glenda Simmons
      East side Tallahassee