yard & ravine report

  • franrutkovsky@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2007
      Hi all:

      I've had a few migrants trickling in, stopping by, and departing.

      On Wed. Oct 10 the following birds of interest were around the
      ravine, mostly highin the trees late afternoon:

      * = first of season

      * Magnolia Warbler
      Hooded Warbler
      Wood thrush, Swainson's thrush
      * Yellow-bellied sapsucker
      Scarlet Tanager
      Am. Redstart (female and male)
      Rose-breasted Grosbeak (imm. male)
      Blue-gray gnatcatcher
      White-eyed, Red-eyed, Yellow-throated vireos
      * Yellow warbler 2
      Baltimore Oriole 1 male, 1 female

      Friday, Oct 12:

      Elizabeth Platt and I were watching a Black and White warbler
      bathing under the mister when a female *GOLDEN-WINGED Warbler
      dropped down to bathe in the birdbath. It stayed around several
      minutes, then flew off. Have not seen it again.

      Saturday Oct 13:

      Parula, Black & White, Magnolia warblers
      3 possible * Tennessee warblers, high up in the trees

      --
      Fran Rutkovsky
      Tallahassee, FL
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 21 3:03 PM
        Hi all:

        I've had a sprinkling of migrants the last week or so.
        Highlights/first observations:

        4/16---Orchard oriole m & f
        Worm-eating warbler

        4/17---Indigo bunting (more have arrived since then)
        Scarlet tanager male
        Orchard and Baltimore orioles
        Mississippi kite
        Wood thrush --still eating suet
        Chimney swifts

        4/19 Yellow-billed cuckoo
        Worm-eating warbler
        Black & white warbler

        4/20 Rose-breasted grosbeak -- 2 males now here

        4/21 Blue-winged warbler (I think this is the first time
        I've had one in spring)

        -----

        Fran Rutkovsky
        franrutkovsky@...