Rose-Breasted Grossbeak & Coopers Hawk

  • glendajoyce6009
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hope everyone got out and enjoyed some cooler weather this week-end. I
      walked some trails at Alford Greenway in Eastern Tallahassee. The birds
      were singing but not showing themselves. I did spot a Great Horned
      Owl, Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher and was delighted to see a female Rose-
      Breasted Grosbeak. The juvenile Coopers Hawk was at it again, in my
      backyard, stalking unsuccessfully for a songbird breakfast. I watched
      him go after two squirrels which was rather amuzing. I know it's just
      a matter of time before I find a pile of feathers at my feeder, but so
      far, this guy looks like he has not mastered all of his hunting
      skills. I posted a few pictures, tonight, as some folks were not able
      to view the recent slideshow I made of this handsome bird.

      Have a nice week and enjoy the cooler weather!

      Glenda Simmons
      Eastside Tallahassee