Yard Bird

  • Janeen E. Langley
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2007
      I had a hooded warbler at my mister this evening about 6:30.

      Janeen Langley
      Northeast Tallahassee

    • Janeen E. Langley
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2007
        Today I had a new bird in the yard that appeared to be a first winter male
        Common Yellowthroat.
        I have posted a terrible picture to my album on the website.

        The photo makes the bird appear to have a white eyebrow, which it did not.
        It first attracted my attention with its call, which was a very generic,
        flat "chip." It sat out in the open for a good while and I was able to get
        a good look, if not a good photo.

        It spent a lot of time foraging on or close to the ground, and bathed in the
        mister.
        Can anyone make heads or tails of the photo and give me your opinion??
        Thanks!

        Janeen Langley
        Killearn Estates

      • Janeen E. Langley
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
          I had a Baltimore Oriole in the sprinkler this evening.

          Janeen Langley
          Northeast Tallahassee

        • judy_bbo
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 2009
            I have had a 1st winter male red-breasted grosbeak at my feeders the last two days. I live near Maclay State Park off of Maclay Road.

            Judy Lyle
          • Janeen Langley
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 30, 2009
              I had a first of the season Eastern Phoebe in the back yard this afternoon.

              Janeen Langley

              Northeast Tallahassee