A J Henry Park Tallahassee

  • Edwwjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2007
      I birded A. J. Henry Park Thursday morning from 8 to 9 AM. The only
      activity around the lake was a flock of 8 white ibis. The trail between the water
      and the picnic tables had one great crested flycatcher, cardinals, and a half
      dozen white eyed vireo. The western side of the open field (sunny side) was
      active with a mixed flock of hooded and parula warblers, red and white eyed
      vireo, chickadee, blue jays, and red-bellied woodpeckers.

      Ed Woodruff

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2009
        Wednesday morning Carolyn Smith and I birded A. J. Henry Park. At the
        upper level observation deck area we had an American redstart and several
        white-eyed vireo. Walking north, we found a mixed flock which included two
        chestnut-sided warblers.

        At the picnic area we found a male and female American redstart and a
        magnolia warbler. A green heron was hunting along the pond's bank.

        As we walked back to the upper parking lot we found two wood thrushes and
        a gray catbird just before we reached the lot itself.

        Ed Woodruff