Millers Landing at Lake Talquin

  • Marvin & Jerilyn Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      I went to a public Open House on access for Off Road Vehicles in the Apalachicola National Forest last yesterday afternoon. After a half hour or so of keeping a low profile in a crowd that didn''t seem to be composed of your basic tree huggers, I left to bird the nearby Williams Landing off Hwy 20 at Lake Talquin. Eighteen species in a dusky half-hour wasn't bad. Highlights:

      Green Heron
      Little Blue Heron 3
      limpkin (observed)
      Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2
      Northern Parula (these guys are still abundant but very very quiet)