Bear Creek Forest Wednesday

  • Marvin & Jerilyn Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2007
      Today Melissa Forehand and I met with a group of kids and adults from the Choctawhatchee Audubon chapter at the Bear Creek Educational Forest in Gadsden County. We spent most of the morning working on orientation skills but had a chance to do some birding before and after. Best birds were a male and a female Hooded Warbler with at least a couple more heard singing along the trail. Other species were more routine including Acadian Flycatchers, Yellow Throated and Red Eyed Vireos, Cuckoos, etc. Headed back on highway 267 just before highway 20 we had a group of at least 13 Missisipppi Kites plus one Swallow-tailed Kite.

      Marvin Collins